Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

Silly Rabbit



I have run out of room in my gorgeous wooden jewelry case.  I tell hubby about this latest problem thinking that he would offer to look for a bigger case on-line.  After all, the wooden case was a gift from him several years ago. Instead, he looks right at me with those gorgeous green eyes and says , in a very serious matter of fact way, “maybe you should stop buying jewelry.” Ha! Like that’s a solution. Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids. 

I decided to channel my inner Martha Stewart and this is what I came up with. Ok ok… so I did a Google search with words like “creative homemade jewelry displays” to get some ideas.  

A jewelry hanging board made out of a cork board, decorative scrapbook paper, ribbons, push pins, and glue. Supplies picked up from the dollar store. Total cost $9.25. BAM!

I love the fact that the push pins can also be used to hang necklaces.

Instructions:

  1. Think of what you would like to display 
  2. Arrange the ribbons according to the height of the jewelry 
  3. Glue the ends of the ribbon to the back of the decorative paper
  4. Use push pins to hold the decorative paper on the cork board and also make sure to use push pins on the edges of the ribbon
  5. Have fun arranging your jewelry.














So ladies, how do you hang or store your jewelry?


No comments:

Post a Comment