Pages

Wednesday 1 May 2013

My Love Affair with Peplum



The last week and a half was crazy. An extremely close family friend passed away unexpectedly. I am reminded of my day's famous saying... "Life is short, make it sweet." Then I came down with the flu. Yuk! So even though I am about two weeks behind, it's nice to be back on the blog. 

Let me tell you about my love affair with peplum.

My love affair with peplum happened in the fitting room at Forever XXI. I tried on a little black peplum dress thinking that it would not flatter my curvy figure. To my surprise, it was extremely flattering. It hugged my waist and accentuated my hips. I knew it was love at first try on when I stood on my tiptoes while doing my hair in several different ways in the mirror.

This was serious... Peplum and I were officially together.

I had to choose an outfit for a fun night out on the town with my friends a few weekends back. I pulled out three possible outfit choices and interestingly enough, they all involved an element of peplum! I had to incorporate black tights for a breezy Vancouver evening. I also knew that I wanted to pair my outfit with a large chunky necklace. I decided to be daring and chose to wear a pair of purple ankle boots with the outfit.

My outfit choices were: 


 Black Top: Max Studio 
Floral Skirt: Forever XXI 
Blue Skirt: Charlotte Russe 
Dress (bottom right): Enough About Me (Winners) 
Reversible Necklace: Amrita Singh

The winner was:






















 Ankle Boots: Spring


What do you think? Will you have a fling with peplum? 

No comments:

Post a Comment