Pages

Friday 5 April 2013

The Art of Visualization



I don't know about you, but packing for a quick getaway can be a bit stressful. I really try not to over pack anymore because it's never fun to lug around all your baggage (this is true in every sense). Ha! 

I find it helpful to lay out my outfit choices and bring a few pieces that I can mix and match. This lets me visualize what I'll wear and what I'll actually need. 

I also find it helpful to have an extra large Ziploc bag filled with travel size products, so it's always ready to be packed and it holds all of your essentials. 

I also pick one large purse and then a smaller purse to bring along. Two options and nothing more! Yes I know, I have very good self control. 
 

Visualization to Translation from my last Trip 

A simple black and white maxi dress for strolling and shopping


Sweater: Gap 
Dress: Winners




Purse: Target 



 








Gladiator Sandals: Spring

 

Blue jeans, t shirt, and blazer for exploring the town 

 
 
Jacket: Forever XXI
T Shirt: J Crew
Jeans: H&M


Another option / same jeans 

 

  T Shirt: J Crew 
Scarf: Lakshmi (Main Street)









 Purse: Naturalizer

 

Date night  

Sorry, no time for a translation picture here ;)  



 Shirt: Dynamite 
Skirt: Buffalo 
Pumps: Madden Girl (Winners)


Any packing tips to share?

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. I also visualize when planning for a trip or even when buying certain pieces to see how they will fit with the rest of my clothes at home.

    Travel tip: Bring comfortable but cute shoes when travelling that will do the work of walking around the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfy shoes are a must! Great minds think a like. Thanks Klaudia!

      Delete