Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2013

It’s Fallen and I Can’t Get it Up


My mornings are usually pretty relaxed. However, on the day that I need everything to flow smoothly is always when I encounter a little bump along the way.

I had to pick an outfit that was cute enough to wear for drinks straight after work so I chose my gorgeous purple H&M dress. I was about to run out of the room when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. The ENTIRE seam had come apart. I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS. 

I had two options. The first was to find a different outfit. The second was to try and “fix” this problem. Common sense tells me to choose option A. So naturally, I choose option B. I spend another 5 minute running to each closet and bathroom like a maniac trying to find a needle and thread. WHO AM I? I don’t think I even have a needle in the house. But I swear I had a little mending kit from a hotel. Anyway, instead of choosing option A, I think creatively. You know, outside the box. I get my handy ziplock bag of safety pins and decide to pin the entire seam back together. No joke. This is the idiocy I willingly participate in

Well I have to say that my handicraft work paid off. None of the girls noticed until I showed them my special sewing skills. My $15.00 dress made it another day.  Not too shabby Ramona. Not too shabby.
I really do need to sew this seam properly. Any takers? Haha 
















2 comments:

  1. I've used staples in a pinch. Nice work, though.
    - Karin

    ReplyDelete