Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

Faking It



Lashes lashes lushes lashes. Say that fast five times. 

Ladies, how do you feel about fake lashes?

The first time I ever wore fake lashes was on my wedding day. They annoyed me so much that I went to the bathroom half way through my reception and ripped them off. This is a true story.

I have worn fake lashes about a handful of times but I must say that I am now converted.  They completely change the overall look of your eyes.

I only wear fake lashes on occasions where I get completely dolled up. They take a bit of practise but I think the end results are completely worth it.

I found a great deal at a Korean store in New Westminster. 10 pairs of lashes for $10.00! The glue, which is made in Japan, was $12.00. But as the sales girls told “trust me, we know how to wear lashes.” Asian girls know their lash products. I trusted them and I am glad that I did.

A few tips: 

1. Bend the lashes on your thumb to create some flexibility 
2. Apply the glue and wait for about 15 seconds to make the glue a bit tacky before applying on your eyelid
3. Use a tweezer to lightly push the lashes into your eyelid
4. Once they are dry, I apply mascara to blend my lashes with the fake lashes (but if you plan to reuse them do not apply mascara) 
5. Pack your glue with you as you may have to touch up a corner that might lift up as you dance the night away.


 Cubic World (New Westminster)



Have you faked anything lately? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment