Pages

Sunday 18 August 2013

Rules are Meant to be Broken



I am rule follower. 

I rarely break the rules in life – that’s just a part of my type A personality. He he.

But what I have started to do is bend and sometimes break the rules when it comes to fashion. I just love the way fashion has progressed where colour blocking, pattern contradictions, and manipulating an outfit in a way that’s unique to you is totally acceptable now. 

Pairing my new green wedges mentioned here with my royal blue peplum skirt mentioned here broke some of the rules. 

The colours don’t necessarily complement each other. So I decided to wear a solid while t-shirt to ground the outfit. Adding another vibrant colour to the mix would have been a bit much. Yes, I am capable of paring down the flash when necessary. My white Fossil watch also added a casual element needed to also ground the outfit.

Remember, as long as your attitude matches your outfit, no one can call you out for breaking some of the rules. Wear it. Own it. 



 






White T-Shirt: Calvin Klein 
Peplum Skirt: Charlotte Russe 
Gold Long Chain: Sugarlime Jewelry 
Watch: Fossil 
Wedges: Expression 
Earrings: Amrita Singh 


 Ladies, have you broken any rules lately? I promise I won't tell.

2 comments: